Additional Articles

7 Labradoodle Training Tips That Work!

(Click The Link For
More Info On Each Step)

#1 Potty Training Tips

3 easy potty training techniques to get dog's to only pee outside.

#2 Stop Your Dog's Chewing in 36 Hours!

Watch an 11 week old puppy being taught to stop chewing in 2 days!

#3 How To Stop That Annoying, Territorial Barking in Minutes!

5 simple backyard drills you can do to stop annoying barking.

#4 A Gentle Method To Stop Leash Pulling

How to cure leash pulling in 5 minutes without a choke collar.

#5 How To Quit Jumping Up On People

2 minutes of this non-aggressive technique will stop your dog from jumping on people.

For The Other Two Techniques Click Here

What To Do If Your Doodle Is Poisoned

Vomiting, convulsions, pain, trembling, panting, drooling and coma are all symptoms of poisoning. These all however are symptoms of other maladies as well.

If your dog displays any of these symptoms you should investigate the possibility of poisoning immediately.

It is not common for animals to be deliberately poisoned. Dog poisoning typically occurs by chewing plants that have been sprayed with pesticides or herbicides, by gnawing on old treated or painted wood, by catching rodents that have been poisoned, by ingesting poison intended for other animals or bugs, or by eating garbage that contains a poisonous substance.

Poisons aren’t often easily traced, so it is important that dog owners know first aid procedures to follow in case your pet might have been poisoned.

If you know the poison is a corrosive, such as an acid or a petroleum product, don’t induce vomiting. Rinse the mouth and give 1-2 tablespoons of cooking or mineral oil orally.

If not a corrosive, induce vomiting immediately. An emetic such as ipecac is the best method for achieving this. Only giving the poison a few minutes to work in the system may result in irreparable damage.

You can make your own emetic by mixing equal parts hydrogen peroxide and water. Force your dog to swallow one and a half tablespoons for each ten pounds of body weight.

Puppies need less than one tablespoon, and large dogs require seven to eight tablespoons. Holding the dog’s muzzle in a manner that prevents breathing through the nose will force him to swallow the mixture.

The dog will expel the contents of its stomach in two to three minutes. If no hydrogen peroxide is readily available, mustard or a strong salt solution will also work, but not as effectively.

Call your veterinarian as soon as you have administered the emetic. If you know the source of the dog poison and have a package it came in, check the label for an antidote.

If you don’t know the source of the poison, the veterinarian will likely be able to figure it out based on the symptoms, and will be able to prescribe further treatment.

If there is even the remote chance that the poison can cause intestinal problems, it is vital that all traces of the poison be eradicated before administering drugs which will prevent bowel movement.


Article written by: